Mini Grants (under $500)
- Salmon in the Classroom— $298 – Dutton Elementary fourth and fifth grade students purchased supplies and equipment to raise salmon in the classroom and release them into a local watershed at the end of the year.
- Student Friendly Materials for ESL students—$500 -- Multiple games and low level chapter books were bought to help High School ESL students practice and improve their English language skills.
- Caledonia Mock Trial Competition— $500 –Grant money was used to help fund transportation costs for the High School Mock Trial students to go to the District Court in Grand Rapids to try their cases.
Barbara Gall Grants for Language Arts
- Be the Change” Literature Circles—$1220 – Books dealing with global conflicts as well as historical fiction and memoirs were purchased for use in 9th grade English classes.
- Everyone Can Read and Write— $4000 – Six iPads and cases were given to the Kraft Meadows Cognitively Impaired students to assist them in their learning and classroom interactions.
- Kraft Meadows Middle School Library Replacement— $2500 –A new couch and chair were purchased for the library.
- Choral Risers— $3000 –Funds were given to the Middle School Choirs to purchase new metal risers to practice and perform on.
- TV Pro Technology Update— $3000 --.This grant purchased new studio cameras and tripods that will be used for the High School TV Production Class to film the daily newscast and special events.
- Auditorium Microphone— $5000 -- Eight additional wireless microphones with battery packs were purchased for use in the High School Performing Arts Auditorium.
- CNN - Caledonia Network News— $1200 – Caledonia Elementary 5th grades were awarded a grant to purchase 2 new microphones and 2 new video cameras to use for their daily news show that is broadcast to the entire school.
- Sensory Pathways – $733 - Materials were purchased for two sensory pathways (one indoor and one outdoor) that will engage the Duncan Late Early Childhood Center students.
- Outdoor Learning Center Pavilion— $15000 – CEF gave funds to Dutton Elementary to build an outdoor pavilion that will provide shelter and shade for playground use and outdoor learning opportunities.
- CAL Elementary Kids & Clay Community— $2201 –A new kiln was purchased for the Caledonia Elementary art program to assist with clay projects.
- Moving and Growing at DLECC— $5795 – Multiple interactive playground pieces such as a boulder stack and mushroom steppers were bought for the Duncan Lake Early Childhood Center. students.
- Microscopes with HDMI Capabilities -- $4814— Six new microscopes with HDMI hookups for tablets or wall mounted screens were purchased for the high school science department.
- Novice-Intermediate Spanish Novels - $1000 - Two classroom sets of Spanish novels were purchased for the Spanish I class as well as several books for choice reading options.